Reason enough for me to ask the creative head of SOPOPULAR to be part of another episode of ‘5 QUESTIONS TO‘. I sat down with Daniel Blechman for five short questions about his work and the current SS14 collection ‘Black Hole Sun’.
1. Five keywords which describe SOPOPULAR SS14?
strict, self-confident, new, military, Berlin
2. Who is and what clarifies the SOPOPULAR man? Do you have a celebrity in mind?
The SOPOPULAR man loves fashion but is no fashion victim at all. He uses fashion as a way to define himself. I guess Jared Leto and James Franco are perfect SOPOPULAR men.
3. What is the exciting thing about men’s fashion?
The most thrilling thing about menswear is the examination with cuts, quality, fabrics and fits – of course always with the stamp of our brand.
4. Why Berlin when there is London, Paris and New York?
That’s a question which employs me very often!
Berlin is my hometown where my family and friends live. With its energizing and dynamic creative scene the city is extremely fascinating to me. It’s terrific to be a part of this movement!
5. Grunge music of the 90’s and architectural, straight-line cuts have been the inspiration of your current collection – what other kinds of topics influence your creative process regularly?
Music by itself inspires me! But also my personal environment, architecture, the people on the streets as well as exhibitions of various artists and photographers play a big role when I’m in search of inspiration.